struts-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Don Brown" <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: Should I announce SmartURLs or wait?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:03:40 GMT
The reason the zero config stuff is in core is mainly because it
requires a configuration provider, which cannot be plugged in via a
struts plugin.  Is there any other technical reason that this should
be in core?

Don

On 9/11/07, Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO this should be a "core" feature of struts 2.
>
> musachy
>
> On 9/10/07, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:
> > Hmm...along those lines, could SmartURL be Codebehind 2.0?
> >
> > As for 2.1, I'm working on a huge patch to xwork 2.1 that will, among
> > other things, make OGNL pluggable and fully migrate the code to
> > container injection (no statics!).  I should be done sometime this
> > week.
> >
> > Don
> >
> > On 9/11/07, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Why wait? People using Struts 2.0.x could use it now. Struts 2.1.x
> > > could be out next week, or next month, or next year. There's really no
> > > telling.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure what "rolling it into the core" means. If it means
> > > putting the source into the Struts-Core JAR, then I'd probably be
> > > opposed. Personally, I'd like to keep rolling things out of the core
> > > and distribute as much as possible in the form of plugins. Ultimately,
> > > there should be nothing in the core that doesn't *need* to be in the
> > > core. My thought would be to include SmartURLs in Struts 2.1.x as the
> > > successor to the CodeBehind plugin.
> > >
> > > -Ted.
> > >
> > > On 9/10/07, Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > +1 for waiting and rolling it into core, it could be available for 2.1
> > > >
> > > > musachy
> > > >
> > > > On 9/10/07, Brian Pontarelli <brian@pontarelli.com> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > I was planning on release 1.0 of SmartURLs in the near future and
doing
> > > > > some announcements to the user lists and some other locations. However,
> > > > > should I wait on that if favor of rolling this back into core, or
should
> > > > > I go ahead?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thoughts?
> > > > >
> > > > > -bp
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@struts.apache.org
> > >
> > >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@struts.apache.org
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> "Hey you! Would you help me to carry the stone?" Pink Floyd
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@struts.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@struts.apache.org


Mime
View raw message