struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Don Brown" <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: Should I announce SmartURLs or wait?
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:18:08 GMT
The generally accepted terminology for release numbering is
MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH.  Yes, Struts does things strangely, but that
doesn't change how users expect things to work.  Throwing in big
features, and yes, I consider new annotations big features as they
worm their way into user code, is not something I feel comfortable
doing in a "third-level" release, or whatever we call it.

In this case, the annotations will be likely redone for 2.1 anyways.
A lot of it is my fault - they have been kinda thrown in there without
systematic thought, and I had hoped we could fix that for 2.1.  I'd
hate to introduce new annotations only to deprecate them weeks later.

Don