struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] [2.1.x] Bundled Plugins
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 03:50:45 GMT
On 8/19/07, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:

> Sorry, what I meant was what has Maven learned about managing plugins?
>  As Martin pointed out, it can easily become scattered and confusing
> for users, but on the other hand, opening up plugins for outside
> contributions let's us focus on the core of Struts 2.  How does Maven
> ensure the support of popular plugins?

There is a mojo project over at Codehaus, and Maven searches that
groupId by default along with org.apache.maven.plugins.  That covers
most of the useful 'generic' plugins.

Other projects and individuals are also releasing Maven plugins along
with their stuff-- Jetty, MyFaces, Cargo, several Docbook plugins,
etc.

You can ask questions about any Maven plugin on users@maven, even if
it's not a "core" plugin there's usually someone around who can either
help or get you to the right place (Cargo users list, etc.)

--
Wendy