struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: New consolidated zero-config/codebehind/component plugin
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:57:33 GMT
It is usable with any version of 2.0. The JAXB stuff is to parse out XML
files from the classpath called component.xml. These files allow
SmartURLs to handle actions and results (usually FreeMarker or Velocity)
bundled inside JARs in WEB-INF/lib. The XML looks like:

<component name="foo">
  <action_package>com.example.component.news.action</action_package>

<base_result_location>/WEB-INF/component/news/content</base_result_location>
</component>

I should be pretty simple to migrate from JAXB to SAX or DOM. Other than
that, everything is working fine, just still haven't had time to
document it well and get it out into the community.

-bp