struts-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Schneider <schne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.0.10 versus 2.1.0
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:01:38 GMT
I could see 2 ways of handling this and you'll have to provide your
input as to which makes more sense:

1. Treat the compressed javascript as a maven artifact and create a
custom maven mojo and artifact type to handle it.

2. Use the maven antrun plugin or the assembly plugin to create the
compressed file.  (is it just a zip file?)

Option 2 will be easier to implement, option 1 will be more work, but it
makes more sense if we'll have to do this type of thing for more
javascript libraries.  I've done option 2 myself recently, so I can
provide some tips there.  Option 1 would require a bit more programming
effort.
Tom