struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: Resolving/Closing JIRA issues
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:08:20 GMT
Ted Husted wrote:
> As Don mentioned, a closed status is useful when there are two
> distinct groups handling the same ticket, since ti tells us that the
> second group signed-off. But, since we don't have that kind of
> workflow, I don't see any practical reason for us to use closed.

Well, we could encourage issue reporters to verify that the issues were
addressed, and if so close them.

Does JIRA send email to the reporter when the issue is marked resolved?
  If we could just alter that email to encourage them to re-evaluate and
close...

...but I agree there's not a huge up side to that.

-Dale