struts-dev mailing list archives

From johana pin <johnpin2...@yahoo.com>
Subject [s2 on J4] custom ExceptionMappingInterceptor log
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:58:27 GMT
Hi,
I extended 'ExceptionMappingInterceptor' to add the logging functionality. I want to log to
my own file. The problem is that the logging is done in SystemOut file.

I used log4j in the custom interceptor:
private org.apache.commons.logging.Log log = LogFactory.getLog(getClass());
The problem also appears when I use the log object from the super class (ExceptionMappingInterceptor).

The log4j.properties file works for all the other classes in the application, but only for
this one does not (logging is done in SystemOut).

I did not see any custom parameter related to a log file in struts.xml. The interceptor usage:
<interceptor-ref name="customExceptionInterceptor">
    <param name="logEnabled">true</param>
    <param name="logLevel">DEBUG</param>
</interceptor-ref>

The application service is WebSphere 6.0. I use the 2.0.9 version of struts - J4 distribution.
I also use Spring.

How this could be done ?
Thank you

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy)
at Yahoo! Games.