struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Voting Process (was Re: Struts 2.0.9 release (was Re: S2 security fix release planning (XWork 2.0.4 is out)))
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:09:11 GMT
On 7/23/07, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:

<snip>
> In the interest of time, I would like to declare a quality grade on
> Struts 2.0.9 AS SOON AS we have received three binding votes toward
> one of the grades, and NOT WAIT the usual 72 hours!
</snip>

I only just saw this - so basically this vote was effectively
concluded 52minutes after the test build was announced and vote called
(since thats when the 3rd +1 binding vote was received).

I am -1 to holding votes in this way (i.e. as soon as I get 3 +1s) and
I am -1 to one person arbiatrily changing the usual procedure on the
fly at the point a vote is called. IMO all votes should be for a fixed
period of time (usually 72 hours). In this case I don't see why the
PMC could not have been consulted about reducing the period of time on
this vote - since AFAIK this issue has been ongoing for more than a
couple of weeks.

Niall