struts-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Schneider <schne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 1/2 and Logging
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 00:06:20 GMT
So what determines what should be an instance logger and what should be
a static logger?  From the original article, they recommend creating the
loggers as needed when logging in a static context.  To me, that implies
only instance level loggers are allowed globally to a class.  In static
contexts, you should get the loggers on an as needed basis.
Tom