struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 1/2 and Logging
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 23:34:13 GMT
I use WAS 6.0 at work and it took me 3 full days to figure out how to
get log4j working with it. Ugh. Yes, the software is an elephant.

Anyway, despite the fact that Struts 1 supports only static logging, I
believe this position could be evaluated. Correct me when wrong, but the
article states that instance logging should belong in libraries that
could be shared. What if a company wants to integrate Struts or XWork
into their application server software? Perhaps a typically user
wouldn't want to share Struts libraries in the parent classloader, but
what about in  J2EE server? It's just a thought.

It wouldn't be too hard to convert the static loggers.

Paul