struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 1/2 and Logging
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 17:09:00 GMT
On 7/8/07, Rene Gielen <rgielen@apache.org> wrote:

> Very interesting article, indeed. Both WW and S2 use static loggers, as
> it was always considered best practice...
>
> On the other hand, the problem only applies if a shared classloader is
> used, and I can hardly imagine a setup where struts jars are deployed
> eg. in $CATALINA/commons/lib rather than being provided with the
> deployed webapp. Is there any situation where we would recommend sharing
> s1/s2/xw among applications, or where it really makes sense?

In relation to Struts 1, at least, we've stated that we do not support such
configurations, and that the Struts jars must be included in each war. There
is no good reason to put the Struts jars in a shared location, and numerous
good reasons to not do that. I suggest we make a similar statement for
Struts 2.

--
Martin Cooper

Even if