struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Has the WebWork rebranding to Struts2 been a failure?
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2007 03:21:37 GMT
On 6/23/07, Martin Gilday <martin.lists@imap.cc> wrote:
> [snip]
> The stats that Ted posted suggest that I have nothing
> to worry about anyway.  Maybe we are just not as vocal about it.  I'm
> assuming those stats only include direct downloads and not the central
> Maven repo where many people may be pulling it from?

Not only is it just direct downloads ... it is just direct downloads
from Apache's server only, and does not include downloads from any of
the mirrors (which is where well behaved folks *should* be getting
their downloads).  Or, obviously, from the Maven repositories.

As recently as three weeks ago, I was talking to some people who have
whole consultancies still built around Struts 1, for old and new
projects, that are doing just fine, thank you.  You can sneer all you
want about how Struts 1 doesn't "measure up" to your 2007
sensibilities ... but it's still very widely popular six years after
version 1.0 was released :-).

Craig McClanahan