struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [S2] JARs in plugins
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:07:44 GMT
> All this does however, to me anyway, mean that plugins can't really be
> called self-contained, and saying "...can extend the framework just by
> adding a JAR to the application's classpath" in the documentation isn't
> 100% accurate (99% maybe).

They are self-contained in the sense that all the Struts configuration
is included, and that we do not need to do anything except drop in the
JAR and ensure that any of the JARs dependencies are available to the
container.  (Otherwise, we end up reinventing Maven!)

Feel free to update the documentation with that clarification :)

-Ted.