struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: s1: FormTag/OptionTag
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 22:18:47 GMT
On 6/29/07, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know why FormTag and OptionTag do not inherit from
> BaseHandlerTag?

I don't know because I wasn't around at the start when these classes
were being developed. I'd hazard a guess though - most of the html
tags are geared around form field elements (text, textarea, checkbox
etc) which share alot of common attributes - and are defined in
BaseHandlerTag to avoid repetition. Looking at form tag - it doesn't
share many of those and so it makes no sense to inherit from a base
class that defines them all. The same is true for option tag.

Niall