struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gilday <forum-struts-...@opensymphony.com>
Subject Selenium Tests for Showcase
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 18:00:15 GMT
I have started working on some Selenium tests for the Showcase.  So far the suite has 3 tests.
1. Checking that the index page loads
2. Checking that a Skill can be added in the CRUD section
3. Checking that a Skill can be edited in the CRUD section

A few changes to the POM have also been made to make it function.
I have created a JIRA issue https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1912 with a patch of
the work done so far.  With it applied you should be able to run mvn -Pselenium clean jetty:run-exploded
and visit http://127.0.0.1:8080/struts2-showcase/selenium/core/TestRunner.html to run the
suite.

Before I carry on and write any more tests I am interested in first getting some feedback.
 Are Selenium tests for the Showcase going the useful?  What sort of tests would be most beneficial?
 Has anyone suggestions on how the integration tests are built into the build process? Is
it worth attempting to cover the other sample applications?

Thanks for any comments,
Martin.