struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Musachy Barroso" <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject 2.1 and tooltips
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 03:15:04 GMT
I'm replacing tooltips in core 2.1 with domTT, but I find the whole tooltip
configuration a little bit "weird". It needs to be configured at the form
that contains the fields with the information icons, with something like
(from example.jsp):

<s:form action="exampleSubmit"
tooltipConfig="%{'jsTooltipEnabled':'true'}">

my OGNL is not very good, but did "%{'jsTooltipEnabled':'true'}" ever
created a map? Anyway, it doesn create it now. #{'jsTooltipEnabled':'true'}
is out of the question with jsp 2.1 and
"%{@java.util.HashMap@{'jsTooltipEnabled':'true'}"
doesn't feel right. I'd propose that we configure tooltips on head.

<s:head jsTooltips="true" tooltipDelay="5000" tooltipEffect="fade" ... />

Using domTT we can attach tooltips to any element, which has been requested
a few times and could be done with little effort. What do you think?

musachy