struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: s1 modules module
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:04:03 GMT
On 4/23/07, Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably because making releases is (or better "was") a painful
> operation. What if with 2 mere commands you created a release?

The Struts 2 process is documented here:

* http://struts.apache.org/2.0.6/docs/creating-and-signing-a-distribution.html

I wouldn't call it painful, but it still "stings" a bit.

I know Wendy has mentioned using the release plugin, but I'm not clear
on what changes that would make to the workflow.

One missing step is that we aren't generating "docs" or "J4"
artifacts. I've been pulling them out of "-all" and zipping them up
nonindependent. The J4 artifact might be problematic since we also
need to run the backport utility, though I've heard there might be a
plugin for that too.

We're in desperate need of more Struts 2 release managers. I'm swamped
this month, and I'll be very busy through the end of June. Unless
someone else steps up, I'm afraid the S2 releases will grind to a
halt.

-Ted.