struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject [Roller] Fwd: struts1 -> struts2 migration
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:24:27 GMT
FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Allen Gilliland <allen.gilliland@sun.com>
Date: Apr 13, 2007 5:36 PM
Subject: struts1 -> struts2 migration
To: dev@roller.apache.org

we talked about this in the 4.0 planning discussions and i believe that
everyone was in agreement that starting with Roller 4.0 we would be
moving to jdk 1.5 and introducing struts2 as the next generation
framework to replace our current struts1 stuff.  since i am planning to
do a reasonable amount of work which requires modifying or adding things
to our authoring forms i'd really like to do them in struts2 so that my
work isn't going to be wasted, so that means it's time to at least start
the migration and get to a point where we start developing new pages and
forms in struts2.

i've started looking into this and playing around with it a little bit
and if anyone else is interested in this then i would love to get some
help.  so far i've just done some reading on the topic and noting down a
general strategy so if anyone has experience with this and wants to
help, please let me know.

right now i think my initial goal is to get the app configured so that
struts1 and struts2 actions and forms can run side by side, and then i
want to migrate a small set of the existing actions to detail the process.

-- Allen

--
HTH, Ted <http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>