struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: S2 ajax validation
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:37:44 GMT
I've also done this exercise twice in the past and both times I used
other JS libraries including prototype. My first solution was
specifically for WebWork and I don't recall any changes I had to make
when moving it over to Struts2.

Perhaps it makes sense to ensure that this will be completely pluggable
since many folks are using other JS libraries. My solution only requires
a form post that is the same or a partial version of the post that would
normally be submitted. This allows me to use pretty much any library
that can handle form submission.

I've included my latest interceptor for you guys to look over. Let me
know what you think. I was planning on making a Struts2 plugin that had
this and the necessary JavaScript files and template to work with
Prototype once I had finished it off. But if you are heading in that
direction, we should collaborate on it.

-bp