struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject XWork and OGNL question
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 17:09:23 GMT

I'm playing around with Guice as an ObjectFactory and I've run into an
issue. I've got an action that I want to handle an array of values from
a form using the [] notation. My form looks something like:

<input type="text" name="numbers[0]"/>
<input type="text" name="numbers[1]"/>

My action is roughly:

public class Update extends ActionSupport {
  private int[] numbers;
  // getter and setter
}

What I've found is that when the ParametersInterceptor is called it
delegates to Ognl and rather than Ognl creating the array and doing all
the type conversions it is passing control over to Guice and asking
Guice to instantiate an instance of int[], which of course fails. Is
this correct or am I missing something between Ognl, XWork and Guice? Or
is Guice not playing nice and handing back control to Ognl or XWork like
it is supposed to?

Thanks,
-bp