struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: struts-annotations
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 02:51:11 GMT
On 3/11/07, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:

> It's still not clear to me why it needs to be released separately. The
> justification for the archetypes almost makes sense, but creating a
> separate distribution for Struts Annotations still seems like busy
> work.

No one objects to releasing the struts-master pom, and it's the same
situation.  Struts 2 depends on struts-master, struts-annotations, and
a bunch of other things. We need released versions of all those things
because we are not supposed to release with snapshot dependencies.

Unfortunately, until we start using Maven to do releases, checking for
those snapshots is a manual process.  I see that 2.0.6 went out with
snapshot dependencies on both struts-annotations and
maven-dependency-plugin.  Luckily, those are build-time dependencies,
so they won't affect anyone just *using* Struts 2.

--
Wendy