struts-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Chaimungkalanont <m...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: [s2] Build is still broken (was Struts 2.0.7 Status)
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:00:25 GMT
Folks,

A bit of a note on build failures on Bamboo. As it stands the Error
Summary section shows all messages sent to system error, so if the
*actual* error of a build is sent to system out, it would be included
in the summary. This seems to be the case with the compilation plugin
in Maven 2, so I've raised an issue for this at:

http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-1010

For now though, we you see a build failure with no test failures,
it's probably best to look at the "Logs" tab of each build failure to
see exactly what's gone wrong. For Struts, it seems that build has
been failing since STRUTS-MAIN-186, about 2 weeks ago (the mail
notifications weren't coming through until quite recently). From the
logs, the error was:

From: http://opensource.bamboo.atlassian.com/browse/STRUTS-MAIN-186 -
Updated by apetrelli

[INFO] Compilation failure

/home/ ​j2ee/​xml-data/​build-dir/​STRUTS-MAIN/​plugins/​
tiles/​src/​main/​ java/​org/​apache/​struts2/​views/​
tiles/​TilesResult.java:[104,17] cannot find symbol
symbol  : method render
(java.lang.String,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,javax.servlet.ht
tp.HttpServletResponse)
location: interface org.apache.tiles.TilesContainer

/home/ ​j2ee/​xml-data/​build-dir/​STRUTS-MAIN/​plugins/​
tiles/​src/​main/​ java/​org/​apache/​struts2/​tiles/​
StrutsTilesContainerFactory.java:[85,4]
org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesContainerFactory.StrutsTilesContextF
actory is not abstract and does not override abstract method
createRequestContext
(org.apache.tiles.TilesApplicationContext,java.lang.Object,java.lang.Obj
ect) in org.apache.tiles.context.TilesContextFactory

/home/ ​j2ee/​xml-data/​build-dir/​STRUTS-MAIN/​plugins/​
tiles/​src/​main/​ java/​org/​apache/​struts2/​tiles/​
StrutsTilesContainerFactory.java:[102,49] cannot find symbol
symbol  : method createRequestContext
(org.apache.tiles.TilesApplicationContext,java.lang.Object[])
location: interface org.apache.tiles.context.TilesContextFactory

This error persisted until STRUTS-MAIN-209, where it became a
dependency issue.

From: http://opensource.bamboo.atlassian.com/browse/STRUTS-MAIN-209 -
Updated Rene Gielen

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.struts:struts-annotations:jar:1.0.2-SNAPSHOT

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.struts -
DartifactId=struts-annotations \
           -Dversion=1.0.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/​
to/​file

   Path to dependency:
           1) org.apache.struts:struts2-dojo-plugin:jar:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT
           2) org.apache.struts:struts-annotations:jar:1.0.2-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
   org.apache.struts:struts2-dojo-plugin:jar:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   Maven Snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/​maven2/​),
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/​maven2),
   opensymphony (http://maven.opensymphony.com),
   apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/​repo/​m2-snapshot-
repository),
   snapshots-maven-codehaus (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/​
maven2)

Finally in http://opensource.bamboo.atlassian.com/browse/STRUTS-
MAIN-213, we have some test failures, seemingly caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport.getText(ActionSupport.java:99)

I'm no really across the code in the Struts project, so I'm probably
not much help in actually fixing the build, but can definitely help
out from the Bamboo side of things. I'd probably suggest the unit
tests get fixed first and then the dependency and Tiles compilation
problem can be attacked.

Cheers,

Mark C

On 11/03/2007, at 5:08 AM, Rene Gielen wrote:

> Musachy,
>
> since the said patch was done to TextUtil, bamboo isn't any longer
> complaining about weird characters. The last build complaining is
> http://opensource.bamboo.atlassian.com/browse/STRUTS-MAIN-203
>
> Since
> http://opensource.bamboo.atlassian.com/browse/STRUTS-MAIN-204 the
> only complaints left, afaics, are about the severe error output
> regarding spring initialization. I'm not sure if this is an output
> generated by tests or from integration, since it looks like web app
> initialization phase.
>
> Regards,
> Rene
>
> Musachy Barroso schrieb:
>> I see that Rene removed the weird characters, but it is still
>> complaining.
>> musachy

>>> Yeah, there was definitely garbage in there. But we also seem to
>>> have an
>>> empty comment at the end of each line of that method, which is,
>>> um, a
>>> little
>>> peculiar. ;-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Martin Cooper
>>>

>>> /home/​j2ee/​xml-data/​build-dir/​STRUTS-MAIN/​core/​
>>> src/​main/​java/
>>> warning:
>>> unmappable
>>> src/​main/​java/