struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ram123 <venkatesansri...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts Form values are null
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 04:35:51 GMT

Hello,
         I have a form called as UserForm(UserForm.java ) and a
UserAction(UserAction.java) configured in the struts config for the dispatch
action method named getUserDetails.The UserForm has a property called as
userID.

My JSP Code is

<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="html"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-logic" prefix="logic"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-bean" prefix="bean"%>

	action="/DisplayUserDetails.do?method=getUserDetails"
	method="POST">
styleClass="usertextbox"></html:text>

      This HTML form is a part of a tile layout.When I submit the form ,the
userID value in the getUserDetails method  of the UserAction Class is found
to be null..Is there any reason for the userID to be null ?????

I have the correct form bean mapping and action mapping in the struts config
and also the getters and setters for the form properties are correct.Can U
let me know why the form values are null on submit ??? I also tried
submitting the form using Java Script and still the form values are found to
be null..My Struts version is 1.3.5

Any Clues???

Thanks in Advance ..
Ram