struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Merge Annotations and Archetype into the trunk for the 2.1.x series (was struts-annotations)
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:05:50 GMT
Under the Apache License, anyone who wanted to do that would be free
to do so. It's just a matter of changing the product name, and
following the other provisions of the license.

But, that doesn't solve the problem, it just changes the venue. If
there's anyone who is ready, willing, and able to run Annotations as a
GoogleCode project, AFAIC, they would also be welcome to help maintain
Annotations as a Struts subproject. It's not about venue, it's about
volunteers.

The problem is that no one is doing the work of making Annotations
reusable. It is not documented as a separate entity, no one is
releasing it, or announcing it, or otherwise promoting it. Some of our
own committers don't even know it exists.

If someone wants to be the Struts Annotations release manager, now is
the time to step up. Otherwise, we should declare it an orphan and
make the JAR part of the general distribution.

-Ted.