struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch 2.0.x and label head 2.1.0(was Re: Struts Release Process (again))
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:14:47 GMT
OK, I created a 2.0.x branch and I'm about to update the POMs. This
stuff is trivial to do, so if anyone is deadset against a branch now,
we can redo it easy enough later. Though, I'd be happy to ensure that
we backport relevant 2.1.x changes to 2.0.x, until we hit a 2.1.x GA.

I've silently bulk edited some 2.0.6 and 2.1.x issues into a lazy list
for 2.1.0. I don't have my heart set on any of these, so if anyone
wants to do some early or later, that's fine with me. I just wanted to
have some type of starting point.

* 2.0.6 TODO
** https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10763

* 2.1.0 TODO
** https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10766

As to 2.1.0 almost all of these deal with three key issues

* Dojo/Ajax plugin
* Portlet plugin
* Performance tweaks

Meanwhile, I would like to see an early 2.1.0 release, and a steady
march to GA there too. Now that we have a stable XWork 2 release
series, we should be rolling Struts GA releases too.

>From another thread, it sounds like XWork is about to roll another
release. That being the case, I'd like to suggest 15 February for a
Struts 2.0.6 build. We've had a few changes already, and a XWork
release is cause enough unto itself.

-Ted.