struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: License Headers (was Re: ServletRequestAware Interface doubled)
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:08:50 GMT
All release *must* include the license.txt ... and ... all source
files *should* include the header. So, assuming there's a difference
between "must" and "should", I would say that we only need to correct
it in future releases.

* http://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

The rationale for "should" is to cover the case where the source file
becomes detached from the distribution. And, in this case, we're only
talking about an interface.

>From the discussion, I'm thinking 2.0.4 is only going to be beta
anyway, so we should just fix it for 2.0.5, and move on.

-Ted.