struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip Luppens" <philip.lupp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Struts 2.0 MVC Award
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:19:21 GMT
I totally agree. Well deservered, Don.

A honorable mention for Toby though, because he was there doing a lot
of work in the beginning when everyone else was doing a lot of .. uhm,
talking (you catch my drift).

Congratulations to everyone else as well - great job !

Phil

On 2/22/07, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:
> In keeping with a personal tradition, I would like to designate a
> "Most Valuable Committer" for the Struts 2.0.x series.
>
> Don Brown has been a driving force behind the merger, from taking the
> initiative in reworking the WebWork 2 codebase under the Struts banner
> to bringing us Plugins -- arguably the greatest innovation since
> Interceptors and the Value Stack. And then, along the way, adding
> other brave new features, like zero configuration, JSF support, S1
> Action handling, debugging, and profiling. Both XWork 2 and Struts 2
> are much richer today for Don's contributions.
>
> I hope you will join me in congratulating "MrDon", and the rest of the
> Struts group, for sticking through a long twelve+ months of tireless
> coding, debugging, and documenting.
>
> Also, in honour of Don and our friends at Atlassian, I'd like to
> designate a new official beer for Struts 2 -- you guessed it --
> Fosters!
>
> You can bet that I'll be tipping myself a big blue can tonight!
>
> -Ted.

iDTV System Engineer
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods