struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip Luppens" <philip.lupp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Users guide
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:01:43 GMT
Ok, any chance for a summary with roles on who's going to do what, and
in what timeframe ?

Although limited in spare time (aren't we all), I'm definitely willing
to work on this (and I assume Musachy as well), but I would appreciate
directions or a concrete plan.

Shoot.

Phil

On 2/14/07, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2/13/07, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:
> > Yup. Spring uses Docbook. That's what I am going to try: single html
> > page (everything), multiple html pages, and PDF.
>
> For DocBook under Windows, I've been having good luck with
>
> * TextPad
> * xlstproc
> * Apache FOP
>
> The trick is to use xmllint frequently to catch any formatting oversights.
>
> TextPad has plugins for DocBook syntax. The TextPad cliplibraries work
> surprisingly well for XML formatting, and give you more control over
> the source. An issue with the IDEs is that they tend to format
> everything as one long line, making repository change logs useless.
> (And repository change logs is one very good reason to use DocBook!)
>
> Besides supporting a variety of output formats, another key benefit
> for geeks is that the code examples can be stored as external files,
> so you can continue to edit and test them with programming tools, or
> maybe even suck them in from the distribution, snippet style.
>
> DocBook ReadMeFirst
>
>  * TextPad DocBook - http://www.scottnesbitt.net/techdocs/docbook_textpad.html
>  * CodeProject DocBook - http://www.codeproject.com/winhelp/docbook_howto.asp
>  * DocBook XSL - http://www.sagehill.net/book-description.html
>  * DocBook Guide -
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/docbook.html
>
> DocBook Downloads
>
>  * DocBook XLS - http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/
>  * DocBook DTD - http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/
>  * DTD Character Entities -
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xmlcharent/index.shtml
>  * TextPad - http://www.textpad.com/
>  * SDocBook clip library - http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/cliplibs.html
>  * DocBook syntax - http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/syna2g.html
>  * xsltproc - http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/ - libxml, libxslt,
> zlib, and iconv
>    ** libxml2-2.6.27.win32    (includes xmllint)
>    ** libxslt-1.1.17.win32
>    ** zlib-1.2.3.win32
>    ** iconv-1.9.2.win32.zip
>  * Apache FOP - http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xmlgraphics/fop
>    ** Java Advanced Imaging (JAI)
> https://jai.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html#Release_builds
>    ** Objects for Formatting Objects http://sourceforge.net/projects/offo/
>
> If there's ever a week when I'm not rolling a Struts 2 release, I
> might blog about DocBook under Windows. :)
>
> -- HTH, Ted.
> * http://www.husted.com/struts/
>
> ... or, maybe when wrestling season is over and I get my Saturdays
> back. My son just won the Sectional wrestling championship hereabouts,
> which puts him one step away from the NYS tournament.

iDTV System Engineer
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods