struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [s2] Enhancement to Zero Config: Default Success Result
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 02:50:21 GMT

mraible wrote:
> Yes, this is what I'm looking for, and I was able to use it successfully.
> Strangely enough, I couldn't get the @Result annotation to work with zero
> config.  Is there anything special I need to do for that?

I use it and don't recall anything special.  Do you have errors that are
occurring? What happens when you try to use it?

> One change I'd like to see to the codebehind plugin is the ability to
> specify the default location of pages. For example WEB-INF/pages.  Or is
> that what the "struts.codebehind.defaultPackage" constant is for?

I'd also like to expand support so that all result values can be used as
post fixes.  Instead of supporting just page-success.jsp and
page-input.jsp, why not support page-whatevertheresultis.jsp.  Thoughts?

> I think it makes sense to combine Zero Config and Code Behind as they both
> seem to be doing the same thing.  Zero config means no config, and if
> there's still an @Result required - that's configuration, no? ;-)

I have a hard time envisioning someone using them separately as well. . .

-D