struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: s1 - 1.x "Future" Issues
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:54:14 GMT
On 2/19/07, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:

> Ted,
>
> I was hoping that it would be obvious that version 1.x or whatever is
> sooner
> than Future :-) So when I talk about Future being on the horizon, yes, the
> issues have been reviewed and the ticket is viable, but it's not slated
> for
> the near future.
>
> However, what about tickets that are reviewed but there's no current
> interest in addressing them? That's the main problem here. Because as long
> as the bug isn't invalid, we could suck all the issues into Future.
> However,
> that totally defeats the purpose of the road map if there are 400 issues
> being listed as "Future".

Why does it defeat the purpose of the roadmap? The "Future" tag means "valid
issue but not yet assigned to a specific release". Once someone elects to
fix an issue, then it should be assigned a specific release label instead of
Future. Paul, all this is in the archives from when this process was
defined, about a year and a half ago.

--
Martin Cooper

I am looking for direction here: If it is is up to me, I am re-reviewing the