struts-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Rank <ericr...@lo-fi.net>
Subject Re: Struts service facade
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:25:01 GMT
Hi,

First, this is probably not a question for the dev list, but rather
for the user list (http://struts.apache.org/mail.html#subscribing)

I haven't done much with Flex, but I'm familiar enough with the
technology to hopefully shed some light on your situation. Struts is
designed to serve HTTP requests. I don't think Flex is designed out
of the box to use HTTP to transfer the serialized objects you need.
Basically, Struts, and the servlet container that it runs in, just
sends HTTP responses. By default, Flex uses a different protocol.

As such, you probably want to check out the Flex HTTPService, which
looks like it is designed to make use of HTTP responses, which a
Struts app will serve, within Flex.

Check out this article:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/struts.html

Eric Rank