struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Reddin" <gred...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Tiles2] JSTL functions for Tiles taglib?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:46:28 GMT
On 1/11/07, Joe Germuska <joe@germuska.com> wrote:

> I'm finally getting back up to speed with Tiles 2 and Struts 2.  I'm
> really
> pleased to see the kinds of cleanup that Tiles has gotten.
>
> However, I'm mildly "concerned" that what used to be in my JSP as this:
>
> <tiles:insert attribute="head" />
>
> Now looks something like this:
>
> <c:set var="head"><tiles:getAsString name="head" ignore="true" /></c:set>
> <tiles:insertTemplate template="${head}" ignore="true" />
>
> Did I miss something in the translation?  Ah, I see that I did miss
> tiles:importAttribute.  So it could be just this:
>
> <tiles:importAttribute name="head" ignore="true" />
> <tiles:insertTemplate template="${head}" ignore="true" />

Could you not just use:

    <tiles:insertTemplate name="head" ignore="true"/>

I haven't used the new taglib API yet, so I'm pretty rusty.

In case you missed the intent of this change we were thinking that the
<tiles:insert> tag was too ambiguous.  So the intent was to simplify it and
make it more clear.  If you have to use two lines as above I don't see that
we simplified it any :-)

Greg