struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject [s2] Time for Struts 2.1.x ? (was Re: [proposal] Tag reorganization)
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:46:03 GMT
I'd be happy to roll Struts 2.0.3 as soon as there's a new XWork 2.

Then perhaps we should dub the head 2.1.x for the Ajax tag
reorganization, since there will be backward compatibility concerns.
If we need any more releases in the Struts 2.0.x series, we can always
2.0.3/2.0.x, but they are mainly feature requests that could be rolled
over to 2.1.0/2.1.x.

I do wonder if we should bring up Don's Java template plugin from the
sandbox, and utilize Bob's improved ValueStack, to see if S2
performance with the *simple* theme might be in the same ballpark with
S1, apples to apples.

Obviously, S2/WW2 does perform well enough in production: witness
Confluence and Jive. But, we need to recognize that the bloggers will
be all over the benchmark numbers, and we might want to be proactive.

-Ted.