struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [S2] XWork Status Quo
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 21:13:22 GMT
On 1/1/07, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Before the merge, I was spending a lot of my spare time contributing
> to WW and on the XWork side along with Rainer, Jason, and occasionally
> a couple of more guys. The direction was clear for everybody and
> everybody knew where we are heading to.

Then, WebWork was the major consumer of XWork, and since they share
the OpenSymphony infrastructure, XWork, essentially, remained a
subproject of WebWork.

But, since XWork 2 and Struts 2 do not share the same infrastructure,
we cannot treat XWork like it is a subproject of Struts 2.

The situation seems confused because XWork 2 is now a project without
a list, and therefore without a visible, public community. If XWork
adopts  the usual project infrastructure, so that it stand on its own,
I believe we will see greater clarity and, consequently, greater
involvement.

-Ted.