struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [S2] XWork Status Quo
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 21:11:31 GMT
On 12/31/06, Rainer Hermanns <hermanns@aixcept.de> wrote:
> Thoughts?

I think the way to address any problems with XWork involvement is to
followup on Patrick's post and create the usual project
infrastructure: A user list, a dev list, and a commits lists for the
automatic posts from Subversion, JIRA, and Confluence.

I also think it would be helpful if we distributed the bits and let
the community decide if the they are GA or not. It's fine to have a
roadmap, but a roadmap is artificial. The map is not the land. If the
community tells us the bits are ready for primetime, then we should
not let a roadmap stand in the way of a "General Availability"
release.

Documentation is a great way to build community, but we don't deploy
documentation. Meanwhile, the quickest way to destroy community is to
never create a production-ready release, which is what is happening
now.

So, please, lets setup the usual lists for XWork, and dub the next
XWork 2 distribution XWork 2.0.3. Then we can distribute it with
Struts 2.0.3, and let the community tell us if the bits are ready for
primetime or not.

-Ted.