struts-dev mailing list archives

From shahab <smah...@pershing.com>
Subject use with struts2 + spring + JPA
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:30:28 GMT

Hi:

I am trying to use Struts 2, Spring and JPA. I have developed a simple
application like the one mentioned in
http://cwiki.apache.org/S2WIKI/struts-2-spring-jpa-ajax.html.

I am getting the following error -

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoa
derListener
with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in Ser
vletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init
method failed; nested exception is java.lang.Ille
galStateException: No persistence units parsed from
{classpath*:META-INF/persistence.xml}
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No persistence units parsed from
{classpath*:META-INF/persistence.xml}

My applicationContext.xml and persistence.xml is similar to what is there in
the example. (persistence.xml has no persistence-unit defined)

Any help will be greatly appreaciated.

thanx
Shahab