struts-dev mailing list archives

From Mandar Velankar <msv...@cooltoad.com>
Subject Problem in using DispatchAction
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:31:42 GMT

Hi,
I am using DispatchAction to call my own public method in class which
extends DispatchAction, but problem is my required method is not called ,
instead execute() method is called. Where is problem?
Here is my code

JSP Page
class="TextContenttext" >

Action mapping entry in struts-config.xml
<action-mappings>
<action path="/addshade"
type="coreservlets.production.ShadeAction"
name="shadeFormBean"
scope="session"
input="/pages/production/add_shade.jsp"
parameter="method"

<forward name="missing-value"
path="/pages/production/add_shade.jsp"
redirect="true"/>
<forward name="success"
path="/pages/production/saveshade.jsp"/>
</action>
</action-mappings>

Action Class

public class ShadeAction extends DispatchAction{

/** Creates a new instance of ShadeAction */
public ShadeAction() {
}
public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
ActionForm form,
HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response)
throws Exception {
request.getSession().getServletContext().log("ShadeAction::Inside execute of
ShadeAction");
}
public ActionForward mymethod(ActionMapping mapping,
ActionForm form,
HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response)
throws Exception {
request.getSession().getServletContext().log("ShadeAction::Inside mymethod
of ShadeAction");
return(mapping.findForward("success"));
}

}

But from logs , it shows execute() method is called.
Where is mistake? Thanks a lot.
wait for your replies.

Regards
Mandar Velankar