struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.6 tagged (was Re: Struts 1.3.6 then 1.4)
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:27:26 GMT
IMO the Struts1 Tiles2 module should be excluded from the 1.3.6
release since its dependant on the tiles sandbox SNAPSHOT which is now
the reponsibility of the new Tiles PMC. Since the Tiles PMC has not
released that code, I'm against having a dependency on it in the
Struts1 release.

On the issue of version numbers, if you're planning to start commiting
large changes then I suggest we create a STRUTS_1_3 branch - that way
if the 1.3.6 release fails for any reason we can fix those issue and
do a 1.3.7 version. If you don't plan to start work on your changes
before the next 1.3 release goes GA, then we don't need to decide what
the version number should be (1.3.7 or 1.4) until that version is
ready to roll. I don't have a strong opnion on the version number but
my preference would be for another 1.3.X rather than 1.4 since I don't
believe the changes are anywhere near as big as the differences
between 1.0-->1.1, 1.1-->1.2 or 1.2-->1.3.

Niall