struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fast ValueStack
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 06:10:56 GMT

Tom Schneider wrote:

> The other thing to check is to make sure devmode is off.  With devmode
> on, the resource bundles will be reloaded quite offend vs. not being
> reload at all with devmode off.  That could definitely be a culprit if
> the getText calls are taking so long.

Apparently there's an additional property, struts.i18n.reload, that also
will turn that feature on.  Even if devmode is off, if set to true, it
will reload each request.  After finding that and switching to off, I'm
back down under 200 ms.

#@$%!

The tweaks to the OGNL stack do seem to make a bit of difference, but
more in line with the few ms here or there that you'd expect.

David