struts-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Schneider <schne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s2] Pluggable URL building proposal
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 03:22:51 GMT
I am very ashamed to report that I didn't get very far.  (too much snow
to shovel last weekend)  I was able to analyze what each type of url
would need, i.e. portlet vs. normal url.  I think our best best is to
have a data bean that encapsulates non-stardard stuff for each url type
along with a seperate bean that captures the standard stuff.

Generic stuff:
action
namespace
method
scheme
anchor
includeParams

Portlet specific data:
portletMode
portletUrlType

This is just a start, but it gives you an idea of what I'm thinking.  I
also noticed how asymmetric the PortalURLHelper and the URLHelper are.
Most of the refactoring would probably happen in these classes, so the
final API would probably be something of a mix between the 2.  Just some
random thoughts for you to chew on.  I'll post more if I find some time
to look into this some more.  I'd like to come up with a proposed API
for everyone (mostly me and you Don) to review.  Once we agree on that,
the implementation should be pretty straightforward.
Tom