struts-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Schneider <schne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s2] Spring MVC Plugin
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:27:49 GMT
So this would allow a user to write convert a S1 action over to S2, but
keep the JSP exactly the same?  Or would it just allow S1 tags to be used in
S2?  WW already supports using JSTL tags out-of-the-box--I'm not sure
you wouldn't need anything special to support s1 tag.  (I haven't worked
with S1 in 4 years)  Spring MVC tags are nothing to brag about. :)

I think one of the truly great benefits of WW/Struts 2 tags is how easy
they are to customize.  We recently went from a home grown web framework
to WW and converting the JSP was a pretty straightforward process.  Once
you did one, the others were pretty much the same process.  Getting the
intercepters right and writing the actions was the part that required
some true development effort.  We took the approach of keeping our old
web framework servlet running and adding the WW servlet to the existing
framework.  This was a decent solution to the migration issue.  (That
solution didn't cross my mind when I wrote about my Spring MVC idea)
Based on that, I'm not sure how many people would really use the Spring
MVC plugin.  (or the struts 1 plugin)  Does anyone disagree with me? :)
Tom