struts-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Schneider <schne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OGNL performance detrimental to Struts 2
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 05:19:02 GMT
Tonight I was looking at abstracting away OGNL from xwork.  (I was
pretty far before I gave up for the night, about a half dozen OGNL
references in xwork that I'll have to look at a little closer)  So I
took a look at what it would take to integrate MVEL.  First, the lack of
javadoc is a little disappointing.  (There wasn't a single line of
javadoc comment that I could find)  Secondly, the integration guide
isn't very extensive, just some basic examples.  Based on these 2 items
alone, it may not be as trivial as advertised to figure out how to
integrate MVEL into XWork.  On the other hand OGNL is not without it's
issues. :)

I'll probably look at it a bit later when I'm farther with xwork, but
that's my take on it thus far for what it's worth.
Tom