struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Wash" <chris.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Feature to manage conversational state
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:36:01 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if any features are on the horizon to help a user
manage conversational state, a la Seam's conversational scope, or
Beehive's stateful pageflow, or a "Page session" in NetDynamics.

I found an implementation of one out there with a quick Google,
(http://www.vitarara.org/cms/node/84) but I feel this is something
that has been on the back-burner with traditional MVC frameworks for
too long.  It's too easy to get this wrong and is something that can
be much easier to manage with some simple help at the framework level.
 Also, I find the "natural caching mechanism" and cleanliness of state
that this approach provides are elegant solutions to tough
state-management problems that are frequently the root of evil in web
applications.

My initial searching for a "conversational state management" feature
like this hasn't turned up much of anything, (outside of a few posts
on the WW/Struts merger announcement on TSS) so my apologizes if I've
failed to uncover a discussion of this topic in a different thread or
forum.

Chris