struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Stone, Sam" <sst...@constantcontact.com>
Subject A little help please
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:18:38 GMT
Still having trouble grabbing an attribute from a tiles definition. I
was doing this OK with Sep 06 code like so:

String sTilesDefName = (String) request.getAttribute("tile_name");
TilesContext tilesContext = new
  ServletTilesContext(session.getServletContext(), request, response);

ComponentDefinition componentDefinition =
  TilesUtil.getDefinition(sTilesDefName, tilesContext);

String sMyAtribute = (String)
 componentDefinition.getAttribute("myAttribute");

String sTilesDefName = (String)
  request.getAttribute(RovingNavServlet.ATTR_ACTIVEPAGE);

David DeWolfe suggested I try the following:

> TilesContainer container = TilesAccess.getContainer(context);
> ComponentContext ctx = container.getComponentContext(req, res);
> ComponentAttribute attr = ctx.getAttribute(name);

I did this but I find that attr is always null. Containter and ctx
appear to be valid objects.

So I modified my code a bit including checking to see if the container
was really recognizing my definition (isValidDefinition). It is. If I
give the name of any existing definition then it returns true. If I give
it a name not in my tiles-defs then it returns false.

Ctx.getAttributeNames is coming back with no attributes (i.e. my while
(it.hasNext()) loop never executes). So I'm still stuck.

Following is my current code:

try
{
TilesContainer container =
  TilesAccess.getContainer(session.getServletContext());

String sTilesDefName = (String) request.getAttribute("tile_name");
if (container.isValidDefinition(request, response, sTilesDefName))
	System.out.println("valid definition");
else
	System.out.println("invalid definition");

ComponentContext ctx = container.getComponentContext(pageContext);
System.out.println("->ctx=" + ctx);

Iterator it = ctx.getAttributeNames();
int i=0;
while (it.hasNext())