struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Joe Germuska" <...@germuska.com>
Subject Re: [Tiles2] JSTL functions for Tiles taglib?
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:02:34 GMT
On 1/12/07, David H. DeWolf <ddewolf@apache.org> wrote:

> I agree that we need to work on simplifying the tags, but I'm not sure
> whether or not functions are the way to go.

Well, I'd definitely say that my interest in functions is as much about
"hey, don't forget they're out there" as "we really oughta use 'em" --
especially since we resolved one of the questions I had about verbosity.

I think people should remember that they are out there.  I'm not sure I've
found a critical use case for them yet, either in Tiles or in Struts (cf
another recent thread)

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"The truth is that we learned from João forever to be out of tune."
-- Caetano Veloso