struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts service facade
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:37:36 GMT
On 1/24/07, Eric Rank <ericrank@lo-fi.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First, this is probably not a question for the dev list, but rather
> for the user list (http://struts.apache.org/mail.html#subscribing)
>
> I haven't done much with Flex, but I'm familiar enough with the
> technology to hopefully shed some light on your situation. Struts is
> designed to serve HTTP requests. I don't think Flex is designed out
> of the box to use HTTP to transfer the serialized objects you need.
> Basically, Struts, and the servlet container that it runs in, just
> sends HTTP responses. By default, Flex uses a different protocol.

Well, sort of. If you just ignore all the fancy bits of Flex, you can use
the loadXML API to make a request to a servlet and send back JSON wrapped in
minimal XML. Then 'eval' the JSON, and you have your response in an
ActionScript data structure.

--
Martin Cooper

As such, you probably want to check out the Flex HTTPService, which