struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tiles Jira
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:47:08 GMT
On 1/10/07, Greg Reddin <greddin@apache.org> wrote:

> On 1/10/07, Antonio Petrelli <apetrelli@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Greg Reddin ha scritto:
> > > See the INFRA
> > > ticket for the Tiles TLP for info about porting existing tickets.
> >
> > What experimental tool?
> > And anyway, is it really necessary? Since they are in the same JIRA
> > instance, the tickets could be ported with a bulk change, moving them to
> > the new JIRA project.
>

> IIUC  a huge missing piece in Jira is the capability to move issues
> around.
> So, for example, when Shale went TLP we couldn't create a new Jira
> instance
> for Shale and move tickets to it.  I think there's an experimental way to
> move an issue from SB-* to TILES-* if we wanted to do that, but I don't
> know
> anything about it.

I'm afraid I don't either. ;-( I was just trying to do _something_ last
night to at least get the ball rolling, since nothing seemed to be
happening.

One thing I noticed when I set up the project is that, when I set one of the
schemes to Struts, JIRA seemed to be looking for issues to move and didn't
find any. It made me wonder if it would actually move issues as you wanted
if we had the appropriate scheme set up correctly. However, this is going to
need someone who understands these scheme thingies much better than I do...

--
Martin Cooper

Greg