struts-dev mailing list archives

From Jaymin <forum-struts-...@opensymphony.com>
Subject Struts 1 & 2 together
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:39:11 GMT
Hi,

We are in process of implementing struts2 in one of our exiting application developed using
Struts 1 (using Appfuse). We would like to start use of Struts 2 in upcoming enhancements.

I would like to understand that is it possible to keep existing code of application developed
using Struts 1 unchanged and we start new enhancement/development using Struts 2.

We have tried replacing the Struts 1 jar files with Struts 2 jar file assuming that it will
support the existing code developed using Struts1. But it gives errors e.g. “ActionMessages
cannot be resolved to a type”.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs and thoughts.

Regards,
Jaymin