struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [tiles2] Tiles TLP and Dimensions incubation
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 08:27:43 GMT
On 12/1/06, Antonio Petrelli <apetrelli@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello!
> I want you to know that I have contacted the original developer (and
> copyright owner) of Dimensions, and he said that he is available for the
> code donation.
> So my question is: should we process Dimensions incubation after Tiles
> has estabilished as a TLP, or should we do it at the same time?
>
> Let me know your thoughts.

I suspect the most expeditious path is to process the two items separately.
The existing Tiles code can simply be transferred to a new TLP, because it's
all clearly Apache code.  The Dimensions code is going to have to go through
the Incubator -- even though its likely that this can go very quickly, there
is no reason to mess up the progress of the Tiles TLP proposal by trying to
do them together.

Thank you
> Antonio

Craig