struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Schneider" <schne...@gmail.com>
Subject Websphere req.getQueryString() issue in URL tag
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:55:49 GMT
Hello,
I ran into an issue in webwork with the URL tag.  I checked the code and
it's exactly the same code in struts2, so I thought I would post it here.
The issue is that when we run our application under Websphere 5.1.1.8, in
URL.java, line 203 in the extractQueryString() method, a call to

String query = req.getQueryString();

is being made.  Under jboss this call returns the query string as expected.
Under Websphere, this method always returns null.  So that means that in
places where we are expecting the url parameters to be automatically
propagated, they are not.  Anyone have any insight into this?  It seems like
a pretty basic issue and I'm not finding any online info about this.  (I
found an issue on IBM's website about this, but 5.1.1.8 supposedly has the
fixes for this)
Thanks,
Tom